Bell Pepper and Vinegar Sauce
Serve over your favorite steak for a delicious addition to dinner!
- Source: America's Test Kitchen Cookbook
- Prep time: none
- Cook time: 10 min
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: easy
- Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
- Red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and sliced thin: 1
- Red onion, halved and sliced thin: 1
- Minced garlic: 2 cloves
- Minced fresh thyme: 1 teaspoon
- Chicken broth: 1 cup
- Balsamic vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper: as needed
- Add the oil to the skillet and return to medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until softened, about six minutes. Stir in the garlic and time and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer until thickened, about six minutes. Stir in the vinegar and any accumulated meat juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the peppers and sauce over steaks or chops before serving.