An amazing and versatile breakfast or mid-afternoon snack food!
- Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/239993/chef-johns-dutch-babies/
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- Room temperature milk: 2/3 cup
- Packed all-purpose flour: 1/2 cup
- Room temperature egg: 3
- Vanilla extract: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Butter: 4 Tbsp
- Juiced lemon: 1/2
- Your favorite topping: powdered sugar, nutella, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Blend milk, flour, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt together in a blender until batter is smooth.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat until bubbling; pour batter into the center of the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Brush with 1 tablespoon butter, drizzle lemon juice over the top, and dust with confectioners' sugar or other topping.