The best Bratwurst you will ever have!
- Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14524/wisconsin-bratwurst/
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Serves: 10
- Difficulty: easy
- Fresh bratwurst sausages: 2 lbs.
- Thinly sliced onion: 2
- Butter: 1 cup
- Beer: 6 12 fl oz. cans or bottles
- Black pepper: 1 1/2 tsp
- Buns: 1 recipe (Burger Buns) made into hotdog buns
- Prick bratwurst with fork to prevent them from exploding as they cook. Place in a large stock pot with the onions, butter, and beer. Place pot over medium heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Cook bratwurst on preheated grill for 10 to 14 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Serve hot off the grill with onions on hot dog buns.