Mushroom and Sherry Sauce
Serve over your favorite steak for a delicious addition to dinner!
- Source: America's Test Kitchen Cookbook
- Prep time: none
- Cook time: 10 min
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: easy
- vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
- White button mushrooms trimmed and sliced thin: 8 ounces
- minced garlic: 1 clove
- chicken broth: 1 cup
- dry sherry: 1/2 cup
- unsalted butter cut into three pieces: 3 tablespoons
- fresh minced thyme: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper: as needed
- And the oil to the skillet and return to medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir in the broth and sherry, scraping up any brown bits, and simmer until thickened, about five minutes. Stir in any accumulated meat juice. Turn heat to low and whisk in the butter, one piece at a time. Off the heat, stir in the thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over the steaks or chops before serving.