Fill with your favorite topping these are an amazing breakfast food.
- Source: America's Test Kitchen Cookbook
- Prep time: 35 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Serves: 6
- Difficulty: hard
- Eggs: 2 large
- Whole milk: 1 cup
- All-purpose flour: 1 cup
- Melted, unsalted butter: 1 Tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 1 Tbsp
- Blend the eggs and milk in a blender until smooth. Add the flour, melted butter, and salt and continue to blend on high speed until the batter is bubbly and smooth, about one minute. Let the batter rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While batter is resting, measure 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil into each cup of the popover pan. Adjust the oven rack to the lowest position, place the popover pan in the oven, and heat the oven to 450°.
- After the batter has rested, pour it into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or another container with a spout. Working quickly, remove the pan from the oven and divide the batter evenly among the 6 cups in the pan. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Lower the heat to 350° and bake until golden brown all over, 15 to 18 minutes more. Gently flip the popovers out onto a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving, about two minutes.