Worcestershire and Butter Sauce
Serve over your favorite steak for a delicious addition to dinner!
- Source: America's Test Kitchen Cookbook
- Prep time: none
- Cook time: 10 min
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: easy
- Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
- Minced shallots: 2
- Chicken broth: 1 1/2 cups
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Dijon mustard: 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter cut into three pieces: 3 tablespoons
- Fresh minced parsley: 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper: as needed
- Add the oil to the skillet and return to medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about two minutes. Stir in broth, scraping up any brown bits, and simmer until thickened, about five minutes stir in the Worcestershire, mustard and any accumulated meat juice. Turn the heat to low and whisk in the butter, one piece at a time. Off the heat, stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the sauce over the steaks or chops before serving.